began in early 2008 with the Go Green Ganesha campaign, in response to witnessing the usage of excessive amounts of PoP
plastic to make Ganesha statues during the Ganpathi festival. Pradeep and Durgesh (Founders of Green Yatra) believed that this is not
the ideal way to celebrate because it is harmful to the environment and our health, and as ecofriendly alternatives already exist. And so,
they initiated the Go Green Ganesha project within their locality, targeting schools, colleges and housing communities. Following the
huge success and positive response towards this program, they began Go Green Kids. It was an innovative education initiative to
sensitize and educate children towards environmental protection and improvement-with the motive that kids will teach their parents
to go green in their everyday lives and be responsible towards nature. In 2010, Green Yatra registered as an NGO and expanded to
thousands of schools, colleges and housing societies, after which Zaroorat, Green Youth Green India and many more environmental
The passion to reduce pollution and support farmers through planting trees continued to drive Green Yatra towards mega projects in rural areas and mass tree plantations. With the realization that innovation is needed in the plantation field to respond to the need for nature in our urbanizing cities, the Miyawaki Dense Forestation method was adopted. Green Yatra started with few trees and today continues to plant lakhs of trees every year. Our work aims to connect people with nature in urban spaces through tree plantations and rejuvenating the ecosystem. Our focus is to fight the climate crisis and therefore we are working to provide sustainable solutions for a greener world through our projects Ecosystem Rejuvenation (Air, Water, Soil) and Sustainable Solutions. We continue to involve communities, raise awareness, and encourage implementation on the ground, ultimately working together to create a healthy and pollution-free India.
A well-balanced ecosystem, efficient natural resource use and green pollution-free earth for our present and future generations and all creatures living in it.
To sensitize people about the value and importance of the environment, environmental issues and its adverse impact on our lives and empower them to contribute to a sustainable and GREEN world.
Get To Know Us
Green Yatra team consists of qualified and passionate professional with Graduation, Masters and PhD in Social work, Environment , Agroforestry, Taxonomy, Botany, Horticulture, Water Conservation, Rural Development, Natural resource management, Psychology and Doctors, CA, CFA, MBA, LLM etc. from reputed institutes like, New York University, IIM, TISS, KVK, MU, DU etc.
Our team is expertise's in project planning, implementation, execution and management-giving the best possible experience to our corporate partners and volunteers and harnessing innovative ideas to sustain planet earth.
Our Core Team
Founder, Entrepreneur, Traveler, Animal Lover
- Charity and kindness inherited in his DNA. He is a think-tank of Green Yatra and living his passion to make this world a greener, sustainable and a better place to all. These days he is dedicated to #10CroreTREESby 2025 and Ecosystem (Air, Water, Soil) Rejuvenation. He believes in creating a path to fellow travellers and loves to support budding entrepreneurs and innovative ideas.
Founder, Legal Environmental Activist
- An Environment Passionate and Nature Lover looking after legal, finance, operation, project and fund management of Green Yatra. He is actively fighting for Environment protection and conservation before various forums. He is fighting in Public Interest before Supreme Court for Water Scarcity, Mandatory Plantation, Declaration of Climate Emergency, Protection of Endangered Species and many social issues.
Director and Entrepreneur
- BE, IIM-C Alumni, Entrepreneur. She is a seasoned administrator, smart marketer, negotiator and media communications expert. She is a think-tank of Green Yatra and leads essential projects such as Bag for Cause and Women Empowerment.
- An operation and resources mobilization expert. A passionate environmentalist, who looks after operation and execution of different projects. He also supports in admin and workshops activities.
- LLB, Master in Sociology and Development Communication (MDC), belong from a business family To follow his dream in the field of social work and environment, he joined Team Green Yatra as an intern and is now heading the Gujarat team.
Sustainability Program Manager
- She is dynamic, creative and passionate about sustainability with a background in B.Tech Civil Engineering and Industrial Design. An IGBC Accredited Professional, Kathak dancer and extensive traveller.
- He is a B.E. Civil Engineer with a strong interest in designing practical solutions to benefit of the environment. He was a member of Association of Civil Engineering Students and has a keen interest for cricket, carom, chess and painting.
Sustainability Program Officer
- She is an ambitious and artistic individual who has completed her Bachelor of Environments, major in Architecture from The University of Melbourne. She is a good communicator, enjoys writing and is passionate about environmental and social development.
- She is a passionate graphic designer with a B.Sc Computer Science. She enjoys creating posters and visuals about the environment to spread awareness. She is eager to learn new things and is actively involved in her village to plant trees.
Sustainability Executive and Admin
- He is ambitious, disciplined, innovative and passionate about sustainable living with a Masters degree in Geology. An International Latin Ballroom Dancer and loves travelling and exploring new places.
Post Project Co-ordinator
- B.E Civil Engineer with a tag of State level Cricket background and district level footballer.Aggressive ,Dynamic ,Efficient about the given work.An Environment lover working closely for betterment of nature.
- I'm a biologist with a master degree in Botany. My interest is in plant identification & managing field work. I like Cricket, Plants photography, travelling & exploring historical places.
- Our Botanist & Project coordinator, he believes in reconnecting urban populace with nature and wants to create green pockets in urban landscapes. M. Sc. in Botany with specialization in Plant taxonomy he practices identification of local flora.Everything in connection with plants, nature, people, history and knowledge interests him. He is visual thinker and loves to keep an eye on aesthetic and efficient designs and structures.
Honorary Advisors and Experts
- Msc. Agriculture (Agronomy). He is a senior scientist in KVK Dahanu, Palghar, with over 15 years of experience and expertise in soil, organic farming, vermicomposting and integrated nutrient management, cultivation of cereals, pulses, oilseed and field crops. He has also headed a gronomy department of an agricultural college in Nashik for many years.
Community mobilization expert
- Master in Social Work, Pursuing PhD in Social Work. A dimensional social worker from the heart with 20+ years of working experience in the rural and urban area. He has worked with UNICEF and TISS. He is an executor, project implementation expert and got a valuable network of mobilizing communities and resources.
Financial and legal consultant
- Since inception of Green Yatra he has provided his expertise. He is a tax advisor by profession, a Chartered Accountant by qualification. He has advised various Indian CSR, social development and sports related projects to realize its full potential to benefit from robust compliance with tax and regulatory framework. He is currently working with Ernst & Young in the United Kingdom.
Mukesh S. Jangid
Tax and audit consultant
- He is B.Com, FCA, ACS holder with 7 years of experience in all fields of Professional Practices which include Income Tax, Trust Audit, Corporate Finance, Company Law Matters, Corporate Audit, Bank Branch Statutory Audit.