began in early 2008 with the Go Green Ganesha campaign, in response to witnessing the usage of excessive amounts of PoP
plastic to make Ganesha statues during the Ganpathi festival. Pradeep and Durgesh (Founders of Green Yatra) believed that this is not
the ideal way to celebrate because it is harmful to the environment and our health, and as ecofriendly alternatives already exist. And so,
they initiated the Go Green Ganesha project within their locality, targeting schools, colleges and housing communities. Following the
huge success and positive response towards this program, they began Go Green Kids. It was an innovative education initiative to
sensitize and educate children towards environmental protection and improvement-with the motive that kids will teach their parents
to go green in their everyday lives and be responsible towards nature. In 2010, Green Yatra registered as an NGO and expanded to
thousands of schools, colleges and housing societies, after which Zaroorat, Green Youth Green India and many more environmental
The passion to reduce pollution and support farmers through planting trees continued to drive Green Yatra towards mega projects in rural areas and mass tree plantations. With the realization that innovation is needed in the plantation field to respond to the need for nature in our urbanizing cities, the Miyawaki Dense Forestation method was adopted. Green Yatra started with few trees and today continues to plant lakhs of trees every year. Our work aims to connect people with nature in urban spaces through tree plantations and rejuvenating the ecosystem. Our focus is to fight the climate crisis and therefore we are working to provide sustainable solutions for a greener world through our projects Ecosystem Rejuvenation (Air, Water, Soil) and Sustainable Solutions. We continue to involve communities, raise awareness, and encourage implementation on the ground, ultimately working together to create a healthy and pollution-free India.
A well-balanced ecosystem, efficient natural resource use and green pollution-free earth for our present and future generations and all creatures living in it.
To sensitize people about the value and importance of the environment, environmental issues and its adverse impact on our lives and empower them to contribute to a sustainable and GREEN world.
Get To Know Us
Green Yatra team consists of qualified and passionate professional with Graduation, Masters and PhD in Social work, Environment , Agroforestry, Taxonomy, Botany, Horticulture, Water Conservation, Rural Development, Natural resource management, Psychology and Doctors, CA, CFA, MBA, LLM etc. from reputed institutes like, New York University, IIM, TISS, KVK, MU, DU etc.
Our team is expertise's in project planning, implementation, execution and management-giving the best possible experience to our corporate partners and volunteers and harnessing innovative ideas to sustain planet earth.
Our Core Team
Corporate Relations and Strategy
- Passionate Nature Lover, Think-tank, Visionary, Focused on Ecosystem (Air, Water, Soil) Rejuvenation.
Legal, Operations and Finance
- An Environment Passionate. Looking after legal, finance, operation, project and fund management.
- BE, IIM-C Alumni, Entrepreneur. She is a seasoned administrator, smart marketer, negotiator and media communications expert.
Corporate Relations Management
- She has 15+ years of experience with NGO, Media & Corporates with a background of Marketing Management from NMIMS
Legal | Development Communinication
- He is following his dream to work for the field of social work and environment, he joined Green Yatra as an intern and is now heading the Gujarat team.
Agriculturist | Botanist | Ecologist
- He is a passionate for Ecosystem Restoration and Biodiversity Conservation to fight with Climate Change for a sustainable Planet.
- A passionate environmentalist, who looks after operation and execution of different projects. He also supports in admin and workshops activities.
- He has strong interest in designing practical solutions to benefit of the environment. He looks after project planning, execution and management.
Senior Project Manager
- He is Dynamic ,Efficient about the given work. He looks after project planning, execution and management
- He is ambitious, disciplined, innovative and passionate about sustainable living. He is multitalented and quick implementer.
- He believes in reconnecting urban populace with nature. Master in Botany with specialization in Plant taxonomy. He looks after project research and execution.
- He has completed his education in forest and environment, working on urban forest projects for smooth implementation and operations.
Biologist | Ecologist
- He is interested to explore the faunal diversity and their relationship with ecology and working for ecosystem restoration.
Habitat | Ecological Landscaper
- He is a passionate for the habitat restoration and to build a sustainable Habitat for all living organisms by making proper ecological landscaping.
- He is a biologist with a master degree in Botany. His interest is in plant identification & managing field work.
Mr. Alok Pandey
- He is engaged in our water body restoration projects. He is planning, executing and maintaining the water bodies in sustainable way.
Honorary Advisors and Experts
- Msc. Agriculture (Agronomy). He is a senior scientist in KVK Dahanu, Palghar, with over 15 years of experience and expertise in soil, organic farming, vermicomposting and integrated nutrient management, cultivation of cereals, pulses, oilseed and field crops. He has also headed a gronomy department of an agricultural college in Nashik for many years.
Community mobilization expert
- Master in Social Work, Pursuing PhD in Social Work. A dimensional social worker from the heart with 20+ years of working experience in the rural and urban area. He has worked with UNICEF and TISS. He is an executor, project implementation expert and got a valuable network of mobilizing communities and resources.
Financial and legal consultant
- Since inception of Green Yatra he has provided his expertise. He is a tax advisor by profession, a Chartered Accountant by qualification. He has advised various Indian CSR, social development and sports related projects to realize its full potential to benefit from robust compliance with tax and regulatory framework. He is currently working with Ernst & Young in the United Kingdom.
Mukesh S. Jangid
Tax and audit consultant
- He is B.Com, FCA, ACS holder with 7 years of experience in all fields of Professional Practices which include Income Tax, Trust Audit, Corporate Finance, Company Law Matters, Corporate Audit, Bank Branch Statutory Audit.